Uniform Evidence in Australia, 2nd edition contains a comprehensive multi-jurisdictional commentary and annotation to the uniform Evidence Acts, now the prime source of evidence law in the Commonwealth, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, the Australian Capital Territory and Northern Territory. It offers a user-friendly approach that combines commentary on the operation of the uniform Acts in each jurisdiction with a synthesis of the large body of cases, rules and related legislation. Understanding of the Acts’ operation and interpretation is further enhanced by reference to the common law principles that are enshrined in, replaced or supplemented by individual provisions. Commentary is extensively cross-referenced to other relevant provisions and relevant practice notes, examples and a useful Glossary are provided.
The second edition has been fully revised and updated. Significant developments include:
• Meaning of ‘significant probative value’: IMM v R (2016) 257 CLR 300
• Similarity not essential for tendency evidence: Hughes v R  HCA 20
• Requirements in assessing individual hearsay representations: Sio v R (2016) 334 ALR 57
• Competency of child witnesses to give sworn evidence: R v GW (2016) 258 CLR 108
• Jury Directions Act 2015 (Vic)
Author: Williams N,Anderson J, Marchurch J, Roy J
Publication Date: 1 Dec 2017
Edition: 2nd Edition
Written by the Honourable J D Heydon AC, Cross on Evidence, 10th edition , provides a detailed...