System Design consists of an advanced practical project which runs over two units, PRT507 and PRT508. PRT507 runs in the first semester only and must be successfully completed before PRT508 (which runs in the second semester only) can be commenced.
Together, the units comprise a capstone project which brings together much of the previous learning in the engineering course. The main features of System Design are:
- An advanced integrated group design project, covering several aspects of engineering
- Development of a detailed business plan for the engineering project
- Detailed application of knowledge from previous units in the engineering course, the project ensures parts of as many previous units as possible are incorporated
- Full application of life cycle analysis and the principle of CDIO
- Taking a design brief to a functional (to client's expectations) outcome
Students studying in external mode must attend residential activity at the Casuarina Campus during the mid-semester study period. More information about residentials can be found at http://www.cdu.edu.au/engit/residentials.html
This unit is reliant on on-line materials including electronic submission of assessment items. Students must have access to a reliable high-speed broadband connection and a scanner.
Semester 1 | 2018