Comprehending Behavioral Statistics is organized to capitalize on every opportunity to enhance the reader's comprehension. The Comprehending Behavioral Statistics/Personal Trainer package exploits 21st century capabilities to provide the reader with multiple ways of approaching behavioral statistics. Packaged with free access to Personal Trainer, a website that creates a multiple-learning methods approach.
Comprehending Behavioral Statistics features:
A Running Glossary: The definitions of statistical terms are provided in the margin when they first appear (and then these terms are provided again in the Glossary at the back of the book).
Info Notes: These comments in the margins allow communication outside the flow of the main material. Some info notes look backwards, encouraging the reader to review. Some look forwards, providing a glimpse of what’s upcoming. Some give computational tips. Some identify frequently made mistakes. And so on.
Numerous Figures: annotated figures are provided wherever possible. There are more than 400 figures in this textbook, perhaps two or three times more than in other texts. Efficiency Features: Comprehending statistics requires work and practice - it is vital tobe as efficient as possible. Colored edges of the statistical tables in Appendix A allow the reader to easily access the tables. Appendix C includes all formulas used within the text in one place. In addition, frequently used formulas used throughout are reprinted at the front and back of the textbook. Finally, complete answers are provided, including intermediate steps, to half the exercises.
Comprehending Behavioral Statistics/Personal Trainer presents opportunities for comprehension that lets the reader approach statistics from whatever direction makes the most sense:
- If the student prefers reading, the Comprehending Behavioral Statistics textbook is a clearly written explanation of statistical concepts.
- If the student prefers listening, Personal Trainer includes a complete set of “lectlets”—miniature interactive audio/visual lectures delivered on the reader's computer.
- If the student prefers visualizing, Personal Trainer includes ESTAT, software that teaches the reader to “see” and interact with the concepts that statistics are measuring.
- If the student prefers doing, Personal Trainer includes a complete set of interactive computer-presented labs that give the user guided practice in statistical concepts, along with automated quizzes that can report progress to the student and instructor
- If the student prefers exploring computations, Personal Trainer includes DataGen, statistical software written specifically to help in the acquisition of statistical skills. DataGen makes it easy to explore the relationships between data and statistics.