This unit provides an advanced understanding of how marketing concepts and principles apply in the context of tourism destinations and services. Students will investigate:
- Marketing mix strategies in the context of tourism services and destinations
- Overview of inbound, outbound and domestic tourism markets
- Various approaches employed to segment markets
- Strategic considerations such as demand management, branding and positioning, electronic channels for promotion and distribution.
- Tourism marketing mix concepts including the promotion, pricing and distribution of tourism services/destinations.
Semester 1 | 2017
Prescribed Text - MARKETING FOR HOSPITALITY & TOURISM