$72.95★ Add to wishlist
CULTURAL SAFETY IN PRACTICE
Health Care and Indigenous Australians: Cultural safety in practice, now in a fully updated second edition, is an award winning text that offers a comprehensive framework for creating a culturally safe environment and enhancing health outcomes for Indigenous Australians. The material covered has evolved from decades of working closely with Indigenous health workers, academics and communities, and teaching Indigenous health to undergraduate students.
The approach taken in this book has been endorsed by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council and the Royal College of Nursing as a means to provide stand-alone subjects on Indigenous health in nursing curricula. This approach is also useful and beneficial to students and professionals from a wide range of other health disciplines.
Through case studies, discussions, reflections and critiques of health issues in Australia today, Health Care and Indigenous Australians offers a starting point for learning about cultural safety in an Indigenous health context, and is essential for students, academics and practitioners alike.
• Fully updated second edition of an award winning text
• The text serves to meet the aims of the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council and the Royal College of Nursing to provide compulsory subjects on Indigenous health in nursing curricula
• Takes the approach of cultural safety as endorsed by the Congress of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nurses (CATSIN)
• Materials used are both culturally and locally appropriate
• While this texts primary audience is those involved in the nursing curriculum, it aims to meet the needs of a range of health disciplines
• Includes reflection, activity, scenario and critical thinking boxes throughout
Domestic freight is via Australia Post. Alternatively we have a 'Click & Collect' option at no cost where the order can be picked up from the CDU Bookshop.
|Orders||Parcel Post||Express Post|
|5kg to 8kg||$40.00|
|8kg to 10kg||$45.00|
CDU Bookshop will not be responsible for late orders due to incorrect postal address.
Please note: Darwin is outside the next day delivery service guarantee for Australia Post. Express bags to capital cities can take up to seven working days.
We will despatch books within 24 hours of order however, if the complete order is not in stock we will do our best to contact customers and arrange split deliveries which may incur additional freight charges.*The weight of each book can be found in the tags below
A refund of money will only be provided where books or other items purchased are: defective or faulty OR fail to match the description.Credit Notes will be considered under the following circumstances:
$25.00 - Sold Out
The true story of James Morrill, shipwrecked in 1846 off the north east Australian coast...
On 27 May 1967 an overwhelming majority of electors voted in a national referendum to...
Fifty years ago, a group of striking Aboriginal stockmen in the remote Northern Territory of...