This book aims to ensure that students in any field of higher education have a good foundation in the academic communication skills required to succeed at university and in professional settings.
It explains how they should go about:
• writing in an academic style
• thinking and planning for assignments
• developing effective reading and critical evaluation
• note-taking, paraphrasing and summarising
• editing for correct grammar, punctuation and conciseness
• writing the different assignments required at university: essays,
reports, annotated bibliographies and critiques
• communicating verbally
The text is written by experts in the fields of Applied Linguistics and Academic Literacy who are actively engaged in teaching and research at Charles Darwin University and Southern Cross University.
The authors have used an approach that embeds the information being taught in discussion and activities. This allows students to gain a deep understanding of what they are learning, and experience in how to put this into practice.
The text is designed so that students can learn the skills taught independently. It is also a complete resource for teachers of academic literacy.
Author: ROLLS & WIGNELL
Publication Date: 2015
This pack contains 1 copy ofÂ Human Anatomy & Physiology, Global Edition, 1 copy ofÂ A Brief...
The sixth edition of Language and Learning continues to provide an accessible and comprehensive introduction...