Welcome to Semester 1, 2018. We hope you're feeling confident and excited to start learning something new. If you're leaving some of your preparations to the last minute, or have been putting off things like purchasing your textbooks, there’s a few good reasons why it might be a good idea to head down to the CDU Bookshop and get your prescribed texts as soon as possible.
- Prescribed texts as specified in your unit outline are set by the relevant faculty or School and are essential to your learning and understanding of the unit. There is no need to “wait and see if you really do need it” – you will need it.
- While there is generally flexibility and understanding at the beginning of the semester, lecturers will require you to come prepared with some knowledge and understanding of the designated subject material for each week’s class. Your text provides important information in this context so it pays to be as prepared as you can as early as you can.
- Your texts may have exercises or activities that you will be required to complete in class. Having a text allows you to prepare this well in advance so as not to fall behind, and also makes your classes more interesting!
- Having your text early helps you plan your workflow and map out your process for completing assignments
- Fortune favours the prepared. You’ll find it easier to get your head around new knowledge if you have brushed up on the background information as provided by your text.
- CDU bookshop offers free postage for all texts purchased up until the census date of 31st March. Just enter the code SSAF at checkout
- Textbooks do constitute a significant part of your student expenses, but in most cases will be of most benefit to you during the semester. To ensure you get the most value out of them, make sure you purchase early – you’ll use them more the earlier you get them.