This Recipe is super easy, super yummy and you can always add extra veggies to it to make it healthier
- 375g dried large shell or penne pasta
- 2 cups (250g) frozen peas and beans
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 125g butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated Tasty cheese
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender, adding peas, beans and asparagus in the last 4 minutes of cooking time Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta mixture to pan.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan. Add flour until a dough- like roux is formed. Gradually add milk and whisk in, ensuring it is well blended with no lumps. Keep stirring until mixture comes to the boil. Stir in half the cheese, check for taste and add more cheese if necessary. Season with pepper and nutmeg( fresh grated is best)
- Add tuna and white sauce to pasta mixture. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 8-cup capacity baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Serve.